By Laura Ibach and Aimee Jackman, Every Woman Counts Table Captains
My name is Laura Ibach (right) and this will be my sixth year attending the Every Woman Counts event and my third year as a table captain.
My name is Aimee Jackman (left) and this is my sixth year attending the event and I have been a table captain for five of those years.
We LOVE this event!! We love seeing the direct result of supporting this cause and saving babies’ lives. It is one thing to hear about families losing a child, but when it happens to someone you care about, it becomes more real, because you see and feel their personal heartbreak.
Count the Kicks gives us the opportunity to help prevent this from happening to other families at what is supposed to be a magical time in their lives. The Every Woman Counts event is one of our favorite events of the year. Here are five reasons you should join us at the 2020 Every Woman Counts Virtual Event.
1. We love hearing the personal stories of those affected by this life-saving mission and how their lives have been forever changed because of Count the Kicks. This year the event includes a special appearance by the Count the Kicks founding dads in a moving tribute to their daughters, plus Event Chairs Travis and Jenise Rychnovsky will share the powerful story of the arrival of their son Chanson with attendees.
2. There is always a great speaker telling their personal story and whether it is motivating, inspiring, hopeful or humorous it somehow relates to so many people. This year you’ll get to hear Good Morning America Chief Meteorologist Ginger Zee as she joins guests live to share an uplifting message about the importance of mental health and self-care!
3. We love bringing our friends together for a great cause! This year you’ll have TWO chances to attend the live virtual event, at either 12 p.m. or 6 p.m. CST, from the comfort of your own home or office. It’s a family-friendly event, so invite your whole family to watch with you!
4. We love supporting the group of women who founded Count the Kicks (Jan, Janet, Kate, Kerry, and Tiffan), who courageously continue to relive one of their most painful stories by coming together to grow this organization. They did this selflessly to bring awareness to other women and to help prevent other families from losing a baby.
5. Even though this is a fundraising event, it doesn’t feel like a fundraiser. Great friends, great energy, great cause!
These are just a few of the reasons why we keep coming to support this pretty incredible cause. We hope you will choose to either attend as a guest or as a table captain on June 18 from the comfort of your own home or office. We have always felt fortunate to be able to be a part of this day and we can’t imagine not being there. Please consider joining us!
All proceeds benefit Count the Kicks mission to save babies.