Save Babies with Us: Continuing Education Training for Healthcare Professionals
Count the Kicks is on a mission to save 7,500 babies each year in the U.S., but we can’t do it without the help of dedicated healthcare professionals like you. We know there are a lot of demands on today’s healthcare workers, but teaching patients how to Count the Kicks only takes a few minutes, and it’s a conversation that can truly make an impact by saving a baby’s life.
Did you know? Each year in the U.S., more than 24,000 babies are born still according to the CDC. Statistically, that means 1 out of every 167 pregnancies ends in stillbirth. For African American moms, that number is even more alarming – 1 in 94!
We have developed a proven set of educational materials and resources, including a free app for expectant parents. We want to educate expectant parents on the importance of tracking fetal movement in the third trimester and to understand their baby’s normal movement pattern. This way, if they notice a change, they feel empowered to contact their provider right away.
Our NEW CE Training will help maternal healthcare providers gain a deeper understanding of our evidence-based stillbirth prevention campaign and learn how to talk to expectant parents about fetal movement.
With this 90-minute training, you will:
- Learn how to have the kick counting conversation with expectant parents.
- Understand how to use the features of the Count the Kicks app.
- Learn how to best utilize the free tools and resources available for providers.
- Learn ways to respond if an expectant mother says they are experiencing reduced fetal movement.
- Be able to answer the most frequently asked questions related to kick counting.
- Earn 1.5 Continuing Education credits.
- Truly be impacting the lives of your expectant parents.