Healthy Birth Day, Inc. (HBD) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the prevention of stillbirth through education and advocacy. We are best known for the Count the Kicks public health awareness campaign, which educates and empowers expectant parents to track their baby’s movements in the third trimester.
Reporting to the HBD Executive Director, the Operations Specialist will manage and execute operational projects related to our programmatic growth. The HBD Operations Specialist’s responsibilities fit into three categories: operations, programming and fundraising.
- General office administration of the Healthy Birth Day, Inc. entity and Count the Kicks program
- Manage financial contracts with HBD partners
- Maintain highly organized Salesforce database
- Aid Board Treasurer and/or Executive Director in monthly reconciliation of expenditures and revenues across financial accounts
- Works with HBD accountant(s) on financial deposits and invoices
- Act as support staff to Executive Director
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director and/or Board President
- Monitor stock and ensure quality distribution of Count the Kicks educational materials
- Ensure IRS fundraising compliance
- Attend HBD fundraising events to oversee secure collection of donations
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in business, accounting or related preferred.
- Minimum of two years related experience preferred.
- Good PC skills; including knowledge and mastery of Salesforce, Microsoft Office or similar software.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, listening and time management skills.
- Adaptability and able to work in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusivity.
- Valid driver’s license
- Reside in Greater Des Moines, Iowa
- To learn more about us, please explore this website.
- This is a part-time position, working approximately 25 to 30 hours per week.
- Submit resume, cover letter and this Employment Application to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to Healthy Birth Day, Inc., c/o Executive Director, PO Box 71093, Clive, Iowa 50325.
- HBD employment decisions are not based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, disability, age, or genetic information (including family medical history).