Healthy Birth Day, Inc. (HBD) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the prevention of stillbirth through education and advocacy. We are best known for the Count the Kicks public health awareness campaign, which educates and empowers expectant parents to track their baby’s movements in the third trimester. WE ARE HIRING!
The position of Operations Specialist has recently been filled. We are now searching for qualified candidates for the position of Associate Director of Programs. Reporting to the HBD Executive Director, the Associate Director of Programs will increase HBD’s outreach efforts and programmatic excellence. The HBD Associate Director of Programs’ responsibilities fit into three categories: programming, fundraising and operations.
Manage HBD grant program, including grant reports and programmatic compliance
Oversee Count the Kicks educational programming
- Manage the quality, control and improvements to the Count the Kicks app as tool to save babies, working with app developer
- Manage HBD evaluation of Count the Kicks, both scientific and programmatic, and effectively communicate outcomes
- Monitor state and national stillbirth data and trends, maintaining accessible and updated database; use the information to guide our work
Seek and foster Count the Kicks programming partners
- Build and maintain relationships with maternal health and health equity organizations such as ACOG, AWHONN, AMCHP, PQICs, BWHI and ICEA
- Oversee and organize community outreach programs
- Participate in medical conferences and baby fairs
Oversee HBD health disparities work, working closely with programmatic partners
As part of HBD’s overall fundraising strategy and plan, assist with fundraising efforts as it relates to partnerships made through programming
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
- Act as support staff to HBD Board of Directors, serving as staff liaison to relevant committees
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of three years related required.
• Non-profit, public health or maternal health experience preferred.
• Good PC skills; including knowledge and mastery of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, listening and time management skills.
• Adaptability and able to work in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Self-starter with demonstrated initiative.
• Commitment to diversity and inclusivity.
• Valid driver’s license
• Some in-state and out-of-state travel
• This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position offering strong benefits package.
• Submit resume, cover letter and this Employment Application to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to Healthy Birth Day, Inc. PO Box
71093, Clive, Iowa 50325.
• HBD employment decisions are not based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy,
sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, disability, age, or genetic information
(including family medical history).