Welcome to Count the Kicks!
2016 Every Woman Counts Challenge
Join us to raise $24,000 in 24 hour for the 24,000 babies who are stillborn each year.
Pregnant or know someone who is?
You’ve come to the right place to learn how to Count the Kicks!
Counting kicks is easy to do. It's important too!
It’s a great way to bond with your baby. Most importantly, it could save your baby’s life.
When you start your 3rd trimester, it's time to start counting.
Here’s how you do it:
- Count the Kicks every day, preferably at the same time.
- Pick your time based on when your baby is usually active, such as after a snack or meal.
- Make sure your baby is awake first; walking, pushing on your tummy or having a cold drink are good wake-up calls.
- To get started, sit with your feet up or lie on your side. Count each of your baby’s movements as one kick, and count until you reach 10 kicks. After a few days you will be to see a pattern for your baby.
- Most of the time it will take less than a half-hour, but it could take as long as two hours.
- Log your recorded times using our Count the Kicks App or a kick chart.